cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP voice traffic

mell0n
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2mb leased line presented as x21 and want to create a P2P serial link using 2611XM routers running Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(3)

I'm planning to connect the routers to the NTE using wic-1T interfaces and CAB-X21M

Will I be able to pass IP voice traffic over this link?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

yes this should be possible. VoIP will pass over any IP enabled link. Per voice call you have between about 25 to 100 kbps of IP traffic depending on your codecs.

Just make sure enough bandwidth is reserved in a priority queue for voice. Also implement call admission control to protect "voice from voice", i.e. to prevent more VoIP traffic on the interface than the priority queue can handle.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

yes this should be possible. VoIP will pass over any IP enabled link. Per voice call you have between about 25 to 100 kbps of IP traffic depending on your codecs.

Just make sure enough bandwidth is reserved in a priority queue for voice. Also implement call admission control to protect "voice from voice", i.e. to prevent more VoIP traffic on the interface than the priority queue can handle.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin