cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing Local LAN access in split tunnel

tretelle
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a small number of remote folks using the VPN client into a 3015 concentrator. I have configured a limited number to have local lan access with a small network list. They are able to establish connections and access local resources, but some time during the connection (5-15 mins) the ability to access the local lan disappears. have tried MTU size and IKE keepalives hoping that it was a connection issue. No indications are apparent in the logs. During this time, the tunnel seems to be active.

Wondering where I should look next.

2 Replies 2

tmartin25
Level 1
Level 1

What version are you running? 3.5.4 or 3.6.1? Have you figured this out yet? I seem to be having the same issue.

It's like they are connected but then lose it and if you wait a while I've even seen it come back. I also have problems with some users connecting but being unable to ping anything.

I have not fully tested this out yet, but I did have a suggestion that makes sense.

The issue that I have is mostly in the area of microsoft networking, printer access, browser list and the like. Cisco suggested that I build an LMHOSTS file for the remote clients. This will maintain those in the host table even after the cache gets updated with the remote browse list. I'm waiting for my remote users to get back to me after doing this but it makes sense with the way that master browsers and updating of browser lists take place.