cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open UDP Ports 4004 & 4005

robert.l.jones
Level 1
Level 1

I have been requested to open UDP ports: 4004, 4005, & 5067.

Plus, TCP port 5066.

How would I do this on a PIX515E?

5 Replies 5

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Look for an access group statement referencing the outside interface. That will tell you what access-list is bound to the outside interface. That is the access-list you need to edit.

If you do not have access-group or access-list statements, you should look for conduit statements.

What application are those ports for?

This is for an IP based Soft phone for remote users. They connect their PC to their ISP, open a VPN tunnel to my Network, and the destination would be the PBX NIC card IP address. But would the source IP address be the ISP assigned address? Or the internal private IP address assigned by the VPN concentrator?

paddyxdoyle
Level 6
Level 6

You need to find out the source and destination addresses that require these ports.

e.g. if a host on 1.1.1.1 needs to access these ports on server 2.2.2.2 residing on a DMZ then you would create an access-list as follows

access-list outside permit udp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2 eq 4004

access-list outside permit udp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2 eq 4005

access-list outside permit udp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2 eq 5067

access-list outside permit tcp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2 eq 5066

Then you need to apply this access-list to your interface, so assuming you allow these connections to a DMZ from the outise then

access-group outside in interface outside

I would advise that you find out exactly what these ports are for and why they need to be opened before making any changes, if these ports are to opened to permit access from the outside (internet facing) then your server should ideally be on a DMZ

Rgds

Paddy

This is for an IP based Soft phone for remote users. They connect their PC to their ISP, open a VPN tunnel to my Network, and the destination would be the PBX NIC card IP address. But would the source IP address be the ISP assigned address? Or the internal private IP address assigned by the VPN concentrator?

I would hope it's the address assigned by the VPN concentrator, if it was a public address and your users were connecting to multiple different ISPs then you would have a problem allowing connections in from a multitude of different addresses.

Rgds

Paddy