what i am doing worng?

switch: flash_init
Initializing Flash...
flashfs[0]: 0 files, 1 directories
flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories
flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 32514048
flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 1024
flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 32513024
flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 9 seconds.
...done Initializing Flash.
Boot Sector Filesystem (bs) installed, fsid: 3
Setting console baud rate to 9600...

switch:  load_helper

switch: dir flash
unable to stat flash/: no such device

switch:  load_helper

switch: dir flash:
Directory of flash:/

32513024 bytes available (1024 bytes used)

switch:  rename flash:config.text flash:config.text.old
rename: no such file or directory

switch: boot
Loading "flash:c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin"...flash:c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin: no such file or directory

Error loading "flash:c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.
Boot process failed...

switch:

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears your image, or at least the image your boot variable references, is not present.

Can you please try verifying the image location ("dir" without specifying "flash" location) and then, if you find an image locally, try to boot while specifying a valid image that is verified to be on the switch.

If "flash:" is indeed your only storage location and it is empty, you will need to copy an image onto it in order to boot the switch past rommon. I believe tftp (via Ethernet) or xmodem (via console) are the only supported methods for file transfer from rommon.

Yeah Leo - xmodem in 2013. Hurts just to think about it.

I've not checked - wonder if the transfer speed is helped with the new USB console ports on the 2960S?

wonder if the transfer speed is helped with the new USB console ports on the 2960S?

When you're dealing with the 3560E/X, 3750E/X, 2960S and the new 3850, xmodel transfer of IOS is "old school".

There's a faster way:  USB flash drive.

I have numerous successful experience with this and I have yet to see this fail on me.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NOTE TO EVERYONE:  This is a duplicate post. 

charles-green
Level 1
Level 1

t sounds like you have AAA in your configuration. If the switch has connectivity to your AAA server, check the config and the AAA server config. If it does not have connectivity, you'll have to wait for the AAA timeout before it allows local authorization (assuming that is also configured correctly). If not, you'll need to add local authorization after AAA fails.

Hope that helps.

Charles.

Lost password go to http://www.recoverlostpassword.com

Lost password go to http://www.recoverlostpassword.com