cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling IDS reports

facundog
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to schedule the "IDS Reports", like Top Alarms, Top Sources of Alarms, etc?

I am able to schedule Summary Reports, Detail Reports and System Reports using the CSPM reporting tool, but I doesn't allow me to define new IDS Reports or schedul the defined ones..

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSPM does not support scheduling of IDS Reports.

You can upgrade to IDS Management Center and Security Monitoring Center in the VMS 2.1. These are new IDS management tools that are web based and installed on Windows 2000 machines.

If you purchased CSPM as part of VMS 2.0 and maintained your maintenance contract then you may be able to upgrade to the new tools at no extra cost.

Security Monitor (If I remember correctly) does support scheduling of IDS reports.

The new tools have several advantages over CSPM, and I encourage all IDS CSPM users to begin migrating to using these 2 new tools.

NOTE: No new features are being added to the IDS support within CSPM. So for new IDS features (like scheduled reports), users will need to upgrade to VMS 2.1 with IDS Management Center and Security Monitoring Center. If the features they want are not already in the VMS2.1 tools then they can request through the TAC that they be added to the list of enhancement requests for future versions of the particular tool.