cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Desktop issues

kmurphy
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a 3020 concentrator at version 4.7 and Secure Desktop at version 3.0.2.275. I am having an issue where when I go to use the WebVPN site, Secure Desktop tries to load, then the computer has a hard lockup. It is bad enough that the mouse even stops working. I tried 5 different machines and had the same result with each. They ranged in version from win2k to winXP, winXP SP1, winXP SP2. Has anyone run across this? Do I have a bad version of something?

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

This could be the memory issue on the concentrator. Check the memory on concentrator. If possible, try again after upgrading the memory.

dlewis
Level 1
Level 1

----------------------------------------------

Cisco Secure Desktop Release Notes 3.0.2.268

1. Concentrator must be updated to 4.7.1 or above

Due to changes that were made to increase security in the communication between the Secure Desktop installer and the VPN, CSD version 3.0.2 and above will require the Concentrator be updated to 4.7.1 or above. CSD version 3.0.2 is not compatible with earlier version of the Concentrator.

-----------------------------------------------

Go to the Release Notes (Upper right corner of window) in Secure Desktop Manager for WebVPN.

Looks like you will need to upgrade to 4.7.1.

Be carefull because I am having problems with 4.7.1 related to BugID: CSCeh72572. CSD & SVC combo fails to install ssl client.

Symptoms:

Installation of SSL VPN Client did not go through. The user is prompted

whether to install the client or not.

Condition:

When inside the Secure Desktop (on some machines only)

Workaround:

None

On the PLUS side the CSD logs are much better in new version.

-Dave

Dave,

In refernce to your CSD logs, how do you create logging for the webvpn and csd?

Thanks