cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Requirements

mkallighan
Level 1
Level 1

Can the entire CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solutiion be installed on one server? Can you also load other CiscoWorks applications such as Campus Manager on the same server?

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Yes, we have one with several products installed.

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello..

You can install all solutions of ciscoworks on the same server... make sure this server is standalone and does not run PDC/BDC or terminal services in it..

You should have the following minimum requirements:

1) win 2000 professional server and advanced server

2) PC with 1 GHZ or faster pentium processor

3) memory - 1 gigabyte

4) hard disk - 9 gig free...

5) java plugins needed...

All the best.. rate replies if found useful...

Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure. I have 3 4235's. They are all connected TLS to the server, sniffing port is enabled, but I cannot get any events or statitics from the server. I thought that maybe some other application I loaded was causing problems.

hello mkallighan,

on the security monitor, if you can see TLS connected, the RDEP communication between the IDS and the VMS seems to be ok.. have u discovered the settings of the IDS automatically and is the VMS discovering these settings without any problems (version etc)...

try shutting the cisco works daemon (stop it) and then restart it.. if the spanning is configured correctly, you must be able to receive the events on the sec mon.. also login to IDM and see if you are getting any sort of events...

all the best..