cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show authentication sessions interface

drpeck91
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find any document that explains how to interpret the output from the "show authentication session interface" command. I have seen the "Status: Authorized" with what appears to be a valid session, but the "Method Status List: says authentication Failed", does this mean that they hit a failed Authentication Authorization policy that in turn put the user into a authorized state?  Thank You

Show_Authentication.PNG

4 Replies 4

Hi Luis, Thank you for your quick response. The document only explains what the possible results are for the Authentication Method, but does not explain what the significance of the results. The snippet I originally posted was from that document and it is just a screen shot of the "Show" command without dissecting it. I was unsure why the authentication would fail, but the port still shows authorized (see the new snippets). I believe it is because there was a authorization rule for failed authentication, but I am not sure. I am new to ISE and DOT1x, so please bear with me. Thanks Again

Show_explanation.PNGShow_Authentication.PNG

I was looking into this same issue. Did you manage to find an explanation for this? 

In your authc policy settings what do you have configured under options for: if auth fail, if user not found, if process fail? What is your bottom of the barrel authz policy configured as/with? Looks like no server policies are being applied.
Can you share your dot1x_dvlan_reauth_hm policy? It looks like you have configured authorized critical vlan access upon authc dot1x failure. If that is the case then this is why you see status as authorized, but authc failed in the auth method section. Essentially you have authorized the host critical vlan access based on the authc failure outcome.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: