cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Study material clarification

codewize
Level 1
Level 1

I'm studying for the CCNA-Security exam 210-260 and I'm finding some inconsistencies in the material, especially on sample tests questions

The one that I keep getting hung up on is which auth methods OSPF supports. One place says DES and MD5 while other places say Plain Text and MD5, then another place claims SHA, Plaint Text or MD5

The question is usually in the form of, which auth methods does OSPF support or Which statement about routing updates are true. Sometimes Plain Text is correct and sometimes it's not.

What is the correct answer? The questions have never specified which OSPF version is being discussed.

Can someone lead me to a complete study guide because I feel like the material I'm using is not complete.

2 Replies 2

Hi,
Yes, you'll always find some inconsistency in study materials, due to software updates since the materials where initially produced or even just mistakes, that's why anyone should do their research.

To answer your question, OSPF used to only support plain text and MD5 authentication but since IOS 15.4(1)T, OSPF also supports SHA.

You should also read exam questions carefully, sometimes the wording could mis-lead you.

HTH

Noted as I've seen this throughout my career. Is there a good source for study material for this exam. I'm using Cisco Press material 31 days before and Pluralsight right now.

I fear that not everything is being touched on. Some sample tests seem to be highly focused on compliance standards while others are focused on Cisco and network security.
It's very difficult to tell what to expect and what to study.