Helpful
Replies

Update Problem in Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC-SSM

Imran Irshad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I have applied update on schedule.

But I am also trying to update manually but it no updating.

Kindly view attached screen shot.

Any Solution?

I.A

9 Replies 9

Somanna M.P
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This seems to be like a connectivity issue  on the CSC's management port. Have you tried checking if the CSC is able to reach the internet ? YOu can do that sessioning into the CSC module and pinging any Ip on the internet.Log in to the CSC's CLI and select 7(troubleshooting) and then select ping. Try to ping 4.2.2.2 . let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

-Som

Hi,

I have similar issue with my CSC SSM, i can ping to internet (4.2.2.2) but update does not work. Please help me.

Hi Tashi,

1: Upgrade firmware 6.6.1125.0

2:  In "Proxy settings" unchecked    "Use a proxy server for pattern, engine, and license updates" 

Use a proxy server for pattern, engine, and license updates
 Proxy protocol: HTTP  SOCKS4

1: brows and go to "connection settings"  put your ISP primary DNS IP.

BR,

I.A 

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Well can you please provide the link? In my ASA i have following version of CSC SSM :

Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM 6.3.1172.0

My ASA is 5520 with following version :

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(1)
Device Manager Version 6.2(1)

Please help me.

Thanks

Hi,

Click on link below, first you have to signing with authorized ID and download 

Cisco Content Security and Control Software version 6.6.1125.0 full install image.  Login & Valid Contract Required  
csc6.6.1125.0.bin
20-JUN-201192.18 MB

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282292261&softwareid=282828630&release=6.6.1125.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,

I.A

Somanna M.P
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This seems to be like a connectivity issue  on the CSC's management port. Have you tried checking if the CSC is able to reach the internet ? YOu can do that sessioning into the CSC module and pinging any Ip on the internet.Log in to the CSC's CLI and select 7(troubleshooting) and then select ping. Try to ping 4.2.2.2 . let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

-Som

Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM Setup Main Menu

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Network Settings

2. Date/Time Settings

3. Product Information

4. Service Status

5. Password Management

6. Restore Factory Default Settings

7. Troubleshooting Tools

8. Reset Management Port Access Control List

9. Ping

10. Exit ...

Enter a number from [1-10]: 9

Enter an IP address to ping: 8.8.8.8

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=52 time=94.882 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=1 ttl=52 time=91.661 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=2 ttl=52 time=96.731 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=3 ttl=52 time=102.220 ms

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=4 ttl=52 time=91.850 ms

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max = 91.661/95.468/102.220 ms

Imran,

Can you also check if your maintenance Agreement has expired.Check the Expiration Date field in the Administration > Product License window. If the date shown is in the past, you cannot update the pattern file until you renew your Maintenance Agreement. Other that this I can only think of a DNS issue. Where the CSC SSM is not able to resolve the trend micro' s FQDN to an Ip address.

Do let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Som

Hi sommp.

I have the same problem, I can ping internet, my license is ok, it will expire october next year, I´m using public DNS (8.8.8.8), CSC module identify there are new update, but after pressing udate button when the process finish, csc module verify new updates and shows the same updates avaliable, nothing was updated ofter hte process

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: