cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Used last years CSR for ordering new Certificate (Cisco ISE)

BDA-IT
Level 1
Level 1

We needed a new certificate for our ISE (V. 3.1.0.518) guestportal. Instead of creating a new CSR on the ISE we used the old one that we created for the last certificate. Maybe a bad idea. Now i found out that the standard way to install the new certificate is to go to the certificate binding requests and then to bind the certificate. Without a before created CSR that i can choose there i won´t be able to do so. I then looked under Certificate and saw an Import button. Unfornunately then I am being asked for a public key wich i don´t have. Is there any possibility to use the new certificate or do i really have to create a new CSR and order another certificate?

1 Reply 1

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @BDA-IT,

Security-wise, I would recommend to generate new public-private key pair, as that is per best practice.

To answer your question, you can go to System Certificates area and export both certificate and private key for the certificate which is currently in use (and for which you have CSR). That would give you old private key which is tied to old CSR you re-used to generate new certificate. After that, import new certificate with old private key and that is it.

Kind regards,

Milos