Replies

VMS

khanj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today when I run any module of VPN/sECURITY management solution it shows

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, waqar@ncel.com.pk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at ncel-ciscovms.ncel.com.pk Port 443

I checked tomcat and apache services and both were working fine. The problem is resolve after restarting the server.

anybody has any idea what is the cause of it.

Waqar

4 Replies 4

jimwelsh
Level 1
Level 1

I am entirely rebuilding my VMS box because of this problem. Cisco employees I have discussed this with (I'll name no names!) confirm that VMS is a very fragile product, and complaints like these are WAY TOO COMMON!

What OS and OS Service Pack are you running? What VMS Service Pack level are you at? Have you applied updates to the MC modules?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using win2000 with service pack 4. All the MC modules are updated. How to check VMS service pack level.

Regards

scruggss
Level 1
Level 1

Waqar,

I am getting the exact same error. It occurred when I tried to update to 4.1(4)S116 signtaure. I have not been able to update since. I noticed that every time I try, the Tomcat service stops, even though CiscoWorks still shows it as running, when going into Windows Services it is shut down. I have everything updated as well (VMS w/ latest patches). I have an open TAC case, but the engineers seem just as baffled as me. The only solution so far is to scrap my VMS box and rebuild (not a viable solution in my opinion). If I find any resolution, other than rebuilding, I will post the solution here.

Scruggss,

Many thanks for your replies. Any idea is there any course of complete VMS with VPN, Firewall modules.

Waqar