Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn3000 concentrator routing

mike_zag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Our company is using VPN3000 concentrator for give an access to internet for local users.

The users from private network make a PPTP connection to VPN3000 private IP address and after radius authentication receive a public (real) IP address and can access an internet.

My problem is that I cannot route ip subnet to client when its connect to VPN using PPTP protocol with Windows or unix standart vpn (pptp) client.

I can only add a static route to client private address (Configuration | System | IP Routing | Static Routes) but the traffic to and from that subnet (behind a client) become not a subject for accounting (via radius).

Please help me - how can I route a some IP subnet to client External (after VPN PPTP connection) IP address for his local network that need public IP addresses ?

Thank you !!!

Mike.

1 Reply 1

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

Configure one interface with Private ip address and one interface with Public ip address.Both the PE and CE must at least one interface marked as their public interface. It is assumed that public interfaces on the PE and CE already exist.Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps4748/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008019abe4.html#1038737