cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webVPN and HTTPS sites problem

mlew
Level 1
Level 1

webVPN works OK until you try to go to another HTTPS site (i.e. banking online, where you are always re-directed to a HTTPS site). You can see at the bottom of the browser that your webVPN HTTPS session is trying to go to another HTTPS site, and it does not work, just keeps trying and trying. Is there any way to do this? I am running 4.1 on my 3030s, but I haven't read the release notes for 4.1.7.

Thanks!

Marcelo

mlew@du.edu

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would strongly recommend upgrading to 4.1(7) as there was significant changes made to WebVPN in that release, fixed up a lot of the initial bugs in the initial release. If that still fails, please try and provide the URL that you're trying to go to, and if you can what the mangled URL that the concentrator tries to change it to, perhaps there's an issue.

Redirection to a another web site (HTTP or HTTPS) should actually work fine in any release, so there may be something unique about the original URL that WebVPN doesn't like.

I upgraded to 4.1.7D. That fixed the issue. Now I can go anywhere on the web, including HTTPS sites and stream video or music, which did not work with 4.1.