cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What ports are opened by default on ACS5.6 ?

Narcis Matasaru
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking for a document stating the ports that are opened by default when you upgrade ACS from version 5.5 to version 5.6. We need this for CIP compliance because we noted a difference in what ports were opened before and after the upgrade.

I kept asking a support engineer this question and they kept referencing table 17-1 in this document http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-6/user/guide/acsuserguide/admin_operations.html which shows what ports need to be opened on a firewall. But that may not be what is indeed opened on the appliance itself because the ACS could have ports opened that are meant for internal communication to itself and those would not be included (needed) on a firewall adjacent to it.

Thank you,

Paul

2 Replies 2

Narcis Matasaru
Level 1
Level 1

Another thing that could help is if any of you can do a show ports from an ACS5.6 that didn't have it's default ports modified and post that output here. 

Narcis Matasaru
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone know what these service ports are supposed to be by default? I have a list but I need to validate that's what we have is indeed unchanged from the default.