cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Many RADKit improvements in 1.4.x

Frederic Detienne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As of 20 March 2023, RADKit has now reached version 1.4.7 with 1.5.0 on the horizon.

In RADKit 1.4.x, many improvements have been introduced. Here are some key items:

• a much simplified cloud-registration process. Now, a single login on the RADKit Service UI is enough to bring RADKit online.
  • end-to-end encryption is fully operational and activated by default
  • Scalability and performance improvements. Onboard 30,000 (that's 30k!) devices in 70 seconds on a simple laptop.
  • many more devices are supported over REST and OpenAPI. Please let us know which other platforms need to be supported!
  • improved documentation, including the API

Check out radkit.cisco.com and find details in the release notes sections at the top of our documentation.

- Fred from the RADKit team
6 Replies 6

RaliB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fred,

RADKit really does look rad, I'm excited to get started! I just installed the 1.4.8 service using the windows installer, but the Web UI seems to only be accessible via localhost, and not with 127.0.0.1 or the static IP address on Windows. Is there a method to bind the IP address that I missed in the docs & videos? Thank you!

Hello,

We have published a new version of RADKit (1.4.9) with a fix - Windows was only binding the port to the IPv6 addresses.

The new release is available on radkit.cisco.com

Thank you for sharing your finding! I hope you will enjoy RADKit

Best regards,

Hello,

Thank you for the nice comment you are the first one to mention the rad pun.

I see what you are talking about.

Since localhost works but not 127.0.0.1, I suspect that RADKit is only bound to IPv6 ::1. Can you confirm please ?

Can you also verify that no other application is running on port 8081 when RADKit is down ?

Meanwhile I will double check this on a local machine and revert back to you.

Best regards,

Fred.

Frederic Detienne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Thank you for your nice comments! Also, you are officially the first one to call out the rad pun

For some reason, my update from the week-end was not propagated to Support Forum - I must have done something wrong.

I just wanted to confirm that we see the problem. We are attempting to release 1.4.9 by tomorrow; it will hopefully contain a fix.

Should we fail to fix rapidly, we will release another fix a little later but I will have a workaround for you instead.

Best regards,

shaferalex
Level 1
Level 1

I have not seen anything online for this question, sorry if its already been asked, but I had the radkit service up and running yesterday and somehow it closed without me knowing. I went to turn the service on again and noticed no devices or accounts were saved. Is this going to be the case every time the service restarts? or did I not save something?

RADKit commits device, users,... "immediately" to its database (nothing is ever truly immediate and steps are taken to avoid DB corruption). There is no need to save anything.

So unless the crash happened within a second of adding any element, RADKit is unlikely to loose more than an element. I am inferring from the plural forms that there were multiples elements (user(s) and device(s)).

I can only think of something system-specific or possibly a very special race condition that may have lost the entire DB at once. This has only happened in the past because RADKit was writing to a full disk, and was unable to maintain DB consistency.

Could you please archive (zip or tgz) the `.radkit` directory under your home folder and send it over to me ? I will see if there is any trace of your previous DB, or any log indicative of a problem.

After that, can you please try again, adding one device and one user, then restart RADKit Service ? This will show us if there is anything very specific about your system.

If the issue persists, I suggest we set up a troubleshooting session.

thanks,