cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCP Express will not load through browser

anthgav77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have aquired a Cisco 881 router to have a practice with and have just installed the latest version of CCP express onto it. The router is set to factory default and I am using IE9, Java is also installed.

I try to log in using the default IP of 10.10.10.1 through the browser and the log in box pops up, I type the default "cisco - cisco" to log in, the box disappears but then nothing, just a blank browser page, CCP express refuses to boot up.

I've tried downgrading my version of Java and doing a hard reset but still no luck.

Would anyone be able to assist me please?

18 Replies 18

I still have not been able to solve this issue yet Prashant, despite the kind help from John, I have not had much time to look at it again lately. Hopefully someone else will see this thread and have an idea about how to fix the issue.

What version of CCP or SDM express did you have on the router before you put CCP2.7 on, did it work with the older version?

I was using the 2.6 CCP the full version where I didnt had to put express version on the router itself, that one worked out just fine.  I didnt try any other express version prior to 2.7 so i wouldnt know if any other express even worked.

At last I have solved it, this is using CCP Express 2.6

When you run the CCP Express install from windows it installs the files onto the router, I automatically assumed that it was ready to go once it finished installing. The install puts a file called "cpexpress.tar" onto router flash.

I had to extract "cpexpress.tar" using the following command through console

archive tar /xtract flash:cpexpress.tar flash:/

Once I did that it loaded 1st time. Simple solution really, lol.

I assume it would be similar for CCP Express 2.7

rtv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CCPExpress 2.7 is only supported on Chrome or Firefox browers on IOS versions above 15.2(04)M

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional_express/v2_7/guides/quick_start/CiscoCPExpress_qsg.html describes the steps to setup the router for CCPExpress 2.7

CCP is the desktop installable with far more features than CCPExpress.

Use CCPExpress for basic WAN/LAN and wireless setup.

CCP can be used if you need to also setup a firewall, VPN and provision voice features.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card