cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911 can not boot

kwameamissah
Level 1
Level 1

My cisco 2911 router which use to work can not boot again. When I plug in the AC power the light turns green, however when I turn the the button, the SYS and ACT light will begin flashing for some seconds, then they will all turn off. Device fun does not work at all. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You tell us that the fan is not on and that when you turn on the router the SYS light blinks amber and then goes off. Both of these things are signs that there is a problem with the router.

I agree with Philip that it is unlikely to be an issue with the power supply but is worth trying a different power supply just in case. I think that Philip has realistically identified your two real options: if you have a maintenance contract then open a case with Cisco TAC. If you do not have a maintenance contract then you need to replace this router with a different one.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess you could try another power cord and another powerpoint, just in case.

In all likelihood your router is dead.  If you have a Cisco maintenance contract, such as a SmartNet, contact Cisco TAC and arrange for an RMA.

Otherwise you'll be looking to buy a new router.  The 2900 series was replaced by the 4000 series.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html

Thanks Philip, but kindly look at it this way,

I have cisco 2911 router, AC OK light is on and green when plugged into AC socket, but when I put the router on, SYS light blinks amber for about 3 minutes and turns off, Fan is also not on. please help.

You tell us that the fan is not on and that when you turn on the router the SYS light blinks amber and then goes off. Both of these things are signs that there is a problem with the router.

I agree with Philip that it is unlikely to be an issue with the power supply but is worth trying a different power supply just in case. I think that Philip has realistically identified your two real options: if you have a maintenance contract then open a case with Cisco TAC. If you do not have a maintenance contract then you need to replace this router with a different one.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

If you plug into the console do you get any console output?

On Sunday yes, but today no. Thanks for your input.

I'm sorry, but its dead.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card