Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 892F Key-Chain Encryption Missing

I'm configuring OSPF key chain authentication on a Cisco 892F Version 15.3 OS. I need to specify the cryptographic algorithm ( needs to be hmac-sha-256), I have been unable to find a configuration option in the key chain sub menu. While configuring the Key Chain I'm looking for this command "Key Chain NAME> Key # > Cryptographic-algorithm hmac-sha-256" but the cryptographic-algorithm option is available under "Key Chain> key #". Does anyone know if/where this option is available for Cisco 892F Version 15.3?

I am also unable to assign a Key Chain to my OSPF interfaces as well with the "Int > ip ospf authentication key-chain KEYCHAIN" command not being present, but am working on one problem at a time currently.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the feature you are looking for was introduced in IOS release 15.4(1)T. So you need to upgrade your IOS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

the feature you are looking for was introduced in IOS release 15.4(1)T. So you need to upgrade your IOS.

This was exactly it. Upgraded to 15.7 and the options were available. Thank you!

Good stuff ! Easy fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card