Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Path Selection

MajidShirzadeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have EIGRP process between site A and B over Verizon MPLS (50 Mb) recently we got OBT_E_MAN from ATT (100Mb), I just have one VLAN across OBT_E_MAN and /30 transit network, so I want to use OBT_EMAN as a primary, as far as I know EIGRP use path with higher bandwith, and I know we can use variance command for load balance, so if I just add /30 network into EIGRP routing process everything 9all routes) should automatically send to OBT_E_MAN, right ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you add the /30 network to the eigrp process, more than likely you're routes will come across your opteman circuit. EIGRP does it's calculation based on the lowest bandwidth along the path, so you may not see the desired result that you're looking for. If you see that you're not getting the routes over the opteman circuit, you can make the delay higher on the verizon circuit to have eigrp prefer your opteman circuit instead. I would not recommend artificially changing bandwidth anywhere since it affects more things than just the eigrp process.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you add the /30 network to the eigrp process, more than likely you're routes will come across your opteman circuit. EIGRP does it's calculation based on the lowest bandwidth along the path, so you may not see the desired result that you're looking for. If you see that you're not getting the routes over the opteman circuit, you can make the delay higher on the verizon circuit to have eigrp prefer your opteman circuit instead. I would not recommend artificially changing bandwidth anywhere since it affects more things than just the eigrp process.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card