cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do Cisco Secure Access Control System work ? are they similar to servers ?

dolanduck.
Level 1
Level 1

The reason ask because while i was studying for the CCNA some people mention that its a great way to add tacacs and radius and some other features, but are they similar to servers like hp proliant ml350 ?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

to start out with, Cisco Secure ACS is end of sale as of, I think, 2017. It has been replaced with Cisco ISE. That said, you could have gotten ACS in three flavors: as a hardware appliance, similar to a blade server, as an application running on a Windows server, or as a dedicated virtual machine.

Have a look at the link below:

https://geek-university.com/ccna-security/what-is-cisco-acs/

dolanduck.
Level 1
Level 1

sorry i was away. OK the reason i ask was because there was one for sale and i want by to learn to use tacacs+ or radius. and i was confused because it says no hard drives installed and do i have to buy the operating system from Cisco for it to work ? or is it like a firmware installed already.  

Hello,

can you post the link to the sale ad ? Logically I would say, a hardware appliance without hard drives cannot have anything including ACS installed. I would ask the seller what he (or she) is actually selling...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card