Views
Helpful
Replies

Http SSH protocols not passing through 4431 router

KEITH BEAUL
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

I've configured my 4431 router and I can ping from inside to outside all over. However, when making HTTP requests to ie, Google.com or SSH request to known addresses I simply get HTTP "This page can't be displayed", SSH "Failed to open secure terminal session"

When I install a different router with the same configuration on the same circuit, HTTP and SSH work just fine. I've been trying to research this issue but found nothing as of yet.

The 4431 router is using IOS-XE: irs4400-universalk9/03.13.03.S.154-3.S3-ext.SPA.bin

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but this is a new IOS for me.

Look forward to a response.

Thank you.

Keith 

2 Replies 2

mattp0002
Level 1
Level 1

Keith,

Does this router run NAT?  If so, please compare your NAT configs, to include the access control lists.

Also, does this router have any tunnels configured?  IPsec and/or GRE?

The router does have nat and it has one permit access list (access-list 130 permit ip 10.2.2.0 0.0.0.255 any) just like the other router. They are identical configs. From the router and the computer connected to it, I can ping 8.8.8.8 (Googles DNS). I can also ping an IP address that I SSH to from both the router and the computer.

The fact is, I can ping. What gets me is the other router passes HTTP and SSH. The 4431 won't pass either. If it won't pass SSH then it seems as if there may be protocol permissions that need to be enable, but I'm not aware of this.

The feature license is set to SecurityK9

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card