Views
Helpful
Replies

internet speed test

krutibasa majhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a p2p 1G lease circuit from a vendor and i observed that from last few days my bandwidth utilization is showing 80% and that is genuine but when i test the speed in speedtest.net or other online speed test web site its showing not more than 36Mbps in download and 8Mbps in upload .But before i have seen that download is 600Mbps and upload is 180Mbps.According to the provider there is no issue in the link and i have also examined that there is no packet drops or errors in the interface.
when i test by directly connecting a single PC (PUB IP)into the same 3800ME switch where the 1G link is terminated same result showing .So i am confused where the issue is.I have already change the SFP and port on both at provider as well as in my device but not getting any result.
One more thing i would like to share that i have an another 1G link from different provider and that link the download is showing 600 to 700Mbps and upload is 100 to 300Mbps.

what will be the download and upload speed in 1G dedicated link and how to measure it .
please help me out if you have any solution to this.

thanks

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure you are using the same speedtest.net server as you used previously?

Perhaps the issue is not your end but the server you are testing against.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card