Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing

mazharsaeedms1
Level 1
Level 1

Attach snap:

I have two server having LAN & WAN IPs mentioned in attach diagram, One of the remote user access according to scenario access server through static IP mentioned in each server, I want dual ISP in case of any one is failure shift auto fail over and user access the server, Which router I need, What configuration id did on router?? and how remote user access server.

If both server connected with three ISPs, what kind of configuration I made on router or whatever device you recommend for the same scenario.

Please your quick and favorable reply will be appreciated

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This depends on what protocols the ISPs are asking you to use , is it BGP then you can use all the links at once or one at a time depending on configuration. If its just a default route there saying to use you could do some form of basic load balancing , you need to know what there using but any standard router with Ipservices license will be able to do what you want

You would also want to know things like how many users/devices on the network the average load what type of traffic there sending before jumping into a router choice as certain routers have more throughput available than others

BGP is used by ISP's Network, however only two remote users access server in a given snaps. throughput have no issue.

Requirements are how remote user using internet access my server as per topology, but need to know if the available link has down, it automatically shift to other link (Auto failover), but my question is if the remote user access my server (200.x.x.1) and primary link has down so what strategy I use to shift other (backup) link so remote user access my server  without knowing that the other end IP, simply use same IP which was previously accessed by remote user.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card