cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mVPN profile 14 on IOS-XR, BGP type 6/7 missing

franklaszlo
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to fix a non-operational, first deployment of a profile 14 mVPN configuration running on 3 PE routers connected in a triangle. All PEs run IOS-XR 7.10.2, and  each PE is configured as anycast RP for PIM ASM in the MCAST VRF ("rp-address x.x.x.x override"). For unicast, SRV6 is configured, and multicast is using MPLS with MLDP-only SAC.

Unfortunately I cannot share configurations, but basically the situation is the following.

Facts:

- Unicast works correctly end-to-end in MCAST VRF;

- CE-PE PIM neighbors are up at both source and receiver end;

- At the receiver side the egress PE router receives a PIM join for (*.G) from CE in MCAST VRF;

- MRIB for MCAST VRF looks good at receiver PE, contains the entry for (*,G);

- PIM topology for the MCAST VRF contains (*,G);

- PE is the RP for all groups;

- BGP mVPN AFI is configured for MCAST VRF and BGP sessions are established across all PEs;

- The mVPN AFI contains type 1 and type 3 routes for all 3 PEs;

Problem :

- The type 6 route is not appearing in mVPN AFI at the egress PE in response to the PIM join (*,G) request

- The type 7 route is not appearing in mVPN AFI at the ingress PE in response to a PIM register (S,G) message

The BGP C-signaling is configured for PIM, like : "router pim vrf <VRF> address-family ipv4 mdt c-multicast-routing bgp"

I know configs are really missing here to give a firm response, but can someone please suggest what to check further with respect to the problem, why C-routes are not appearing in BGP ?

The debug output taken from egress PE shows that PIM is indeed trying to add a (*,G) route to BGP but it never appears there and I cannot find more useful debugs that would explain the reason for this. Same data printed for RPF processing might indicate error, but I can't interpret many.

franklaszlo_0-1713721281015.png

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card