Views
Helpful
Replies

Need suggestions on in implementing BGP between two locations

blason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have below scenario - I have two locatins locations. Currently if you refer to existing scenario diagram; I have Azure serving 10.11.44.0/22 with AS 65515 while two locations serving AS65505 (LOC A [192.168.11.0/24]) & AS65506(LOCB[192.168.40.0/23]) respectively
I have BGP over IPsec configured on those two locations which is running fine. Which is shown in existing scenario

My next step is; those two locations are connected to each other using MPLS currently and being used only for 192.168.11.0/24 and 192.168.40.0/23. However I am thinking to connect those using site-site tunnel and VTI and then configure eBGP as an alternate path for 192.168.40.0/23 if my both the ISP fails at either location.

Can someone please give me suggestions of inputs?

3 Replies 3

Hello,

right off the bat, and without knowing the exact details of your topology at each location, you could just configure the entire site to site VPN, and then use BGP parameters such as 'weight' to prefer the path to Azure. Or use some simple IP SLA in combination with an EEM script to initiate the failover...

Can you post the running configs of the router(s) at both locations ?

Does that mean you need IP address information as well? 

the interconnect via MPLS is L2 is it support VTI ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card