Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to upgrade Cisco 877W

agkhan-au
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upgrade Cisco 877w. I could not download by my Cisco ID. Current version is 12.0. It says contact to cisco-partners.  I think they will ask money.

I am using it for study and cisco certification.

Please advise, how can I upgrade it?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ifd your doing collab you will need some sort of voice unit UC cme520 or 2811 with voice packages and modules

The DC are too expensive to bbe buying for training , there ASRs,Nexus switches etc , there is CSRs but you need license for them as well even though there software

All routing and switching is nearly covered in GNS3 so I would just set that up for routing or packet tracer 

If you want DC devices you need to buy Cisco VIRL that's as close as you'll, get without the real physical devices  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you need to  buy a contract if your going to download it off Cisco site through a reseller who will add the serial number of the device to your cco so you can download images for it

Thank you for reply.

I want to do certification in Collaboration and data center. I have done my CCNA in R&S. can u please let me know which router series I have to buy for lab practice rather then upgrade 877w?

regards

Ifd your doing collab you will need some sort of voice unit UC cme520 or 2811 with voice packages and modules

The DC are too expensive to bbe buying for training , there ASRs,Nexus switches etc , there is CSRs but you need license for them as well even though there software

All routing and switching is nearly covered in GNS3 so I would just set that up for routing or packet tracer 

If you want DC devices you need to buy Cisco VIRL that's as close as you'll, get without the real physical devices  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card