Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Assessment

mmali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does Cisco offer any kind of network assessment service for the partners.

I have a customer who wants to evaluate his network to industry best standards.

Microsoft is offering similar service for partners, please let me know if there is something like this from Cisco as well.

http://microsoftio.partnersalesresources.com/overview.aspx

The Core Infrastructure Optimization (IO) model helps organizations better understand and strive for a more secure, well-managed, and dynamic core infrastructure that will help enable them to reduce their overall IT costs, make better use of IT resources, and make IT a strategic asset for the business. This model supports IT professionals in the management of servers, desktops, mobile devices, and applications and in achieving efficient resource usage to help eliminate unnecessary costs and complexity, ensure that the business is always up and running, and establish a responsive infrastructure.

The Core IO model defines four capabilities that are required to build a more agile infrastructure:

§  Data Center Services

§  Client Services

§  Identity & Security Management

§  IT Process & Compliance

Thanks

Mudassir

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would call it best practices versus a network assessment. Cisco produces Solution Reference Network Design guides (SRND).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/netsol/ns742/networking_solutions_program_category_home.html

Hi,

I understand SRND will do the job for you.

I am looking for a basic network assessment tool using which I should be able to comeup with an overview of the network compared to industry standards.

This is what I found from Cisco partner website, but it has a lengthy procedure.

https://sire.nadel.com/index.html

SIRE/Network Assessments Home Page

The FY11 Cisco-Funded Network Assessment Program will run from November 1st  to July 30, 2011.

IMPORTANT: In order to access the SIRE system and view and complete your activities, you will first need to compete Step 1 below.   Once you complete this step, you will be registered with SIRE and will have access to your inbox functions.

Cisco SIRE (Sales Incentive & Reimbursement Engine), is a platform for managing multi-theatre joint marketing funds, including partner incentives and reimbursements for partner pre-sales engineering, marketing, and sales activities.

SIRE is accessible on a restricted basis to approved and qualified Certified Gold/Silver & Premier Cisco partners who have been officially nominated by Cisco account teams to participate in qualified marketing and sales programs.

The Cisco-Funded Network Assessment program offers partners incentives for performing on-site network audits in targeted customer accounts. Network Assessments are a proven way to drive sales and identify installed base network upgrade opportunities.

Thanks

Mudassir

Hello,

I think what you are looking for is called Installed Base Lifecycle Management (IBLM). This initiative is available in various assessment opportunities, for eample a NETWORK assessment, or a WLAN assessment and so on. With such an assessment you get the desired information.

You can use the cisco smart care tool (for small environments) or a third party tool with certified reports. With the third party tool you can use the Cisco Discovery Service for implement a lifecycle management. I prefer Stablenet, because this is a solution for heterogenous environments and you can manage cisco and much other vendors.

Thanks Ralf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card