Helpful
Replies

NETWORK SETUP

madudhulamahesh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir/madam

i want network setup

i have devices cisco router 1941 and cisco firewall asa 5505 ,switch and server ...

(public ip address)router (which ip address )->(Which ip address)firewall (Which ip address)->switch and server(public ip address)

i have 5 public ip address in same network .....

hw to configure the router and firewall ..plese help ...

3 Replies 3

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

How did you end up with an odd number of public addresses ?

I'm assuming you are connecting to the Internet via some service provider. How is this connection provisioned ?

(i.e. serial link, ethernet, gigabit ethernet, Frame relay, ATM, PPP)

is the provider doing the addressing on the link ?

Sry we have 4 public ip address ......total 6 ips 1 networking id and another one this brd cast ip ...

please help me

configuration router mean i Given  wan interface taken the public ip and lan interface which ip  use better configure the router  ....i  try to configuration public  ...both ips same network ....so  getting error overlapping ,,,,

i have device router and firewall and switch and server

please help me

I'm going to make some assumptions regarding what you are trying to accomplish (I'm assuming internet connectivity)

1. Link addressing on the public side is your responsibility. You need to take your block of public addresses and break them down

to 2 subnets with a mask of 255.255.255.252. 

2. how is your link terminiated ? i hope its ethernet. If so, you could connect the isp to the firewall, then use the last public

addresses for address translation from your private addresses to public addresses.

3. I don't know the capabilites of the switch, but if I assume layer 2 only, then the router could be used as a router on a stick to

route your internal traffic.

None of these are trivial tasks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card