Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound route filtering, neigbour specific same subnet EIGRP

RHorsnell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have hit a bit of a brick wall on trying to figure something out and wondering if its even possible, the scenario is as follows.

At each of our sites we have two service provider controlled routers connected to our company MPLS, 1 being the primary and one as a backup running over ADSL. These are connected into a 2960XR switch controlled by us and running IPLite. We have EIGRP Stub running on the switch to advertise subnets at that site to the SP routers and they get distributed into the MPLS network. Should the primary link fail there is one network I don't advertised to the ADSL router due to its lower bandwidth and not being mission critical subnet.  

I cant figure out how to restrict 1 subnet being advertised on a neighbour by neighbour basis that all reside on the same LAN. I would rather maintain control and filter outbound instead of asking the SP to restrict subnets on the inbound of the ADSL router. Is this at all possible?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have much experience with IP Lite, but you may be able to run two EIGRP processes; one for primary link and another for the ADSL link. You can then use a distribute list to filter the route(s) on the ADSL link. I just noticed that the two routers and the switch are all in the same LAN. You will want to break those up into two different VLAN's as well.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card