Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR with object tracking in cisco 3925 Router

mukeshkrr
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have 3 WAN links connected to remote plant. we configured BGP for auto failover, and as of now only one link can be utilized at a time.

so I plan to implement PBR with object tracking in our router to utilize all the three WAN links.

when i try object tracking, it only shows the following commands only.

Router1(config)#ip sla ?
  enable     Enable IPSLA features
  key-chain  Use MD5 Authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages
  responder  Enable IP SLAs Responder
  server     IPPM server configuration

Cisco IOS Software, C3900 Software (C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(4)M4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Cisco CISCO3925-CHASSIS (revision 1.0) with C3900-SPE100/K9 with 995328K/53248K bytes of memory.

Is it possible to enable object tracking with the above ip sla commands ?

Thanks

Murugesan

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Murugesan

I wonder if you execute the ip sla enable what other commands might then become available?

I am not sure but there might be some requirement about licensing to be able to use PBR. Can you clarify what licensing is on your 3925?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard Burts,

Thanks four reply.

the below mentioned commands were shown while trying.

Coimbatore(config)#ip sla enable ?
  timestamp  Enable platform timestamping

Coimbatore(config)#ip sla enable

and I dont know about licencing, to use PBR. can you please guide me what are the things needs to be done to use PBR in my router ?

Thanks

Murugesan S

Murugesan

The ordering guide for 3925 indicates that IP SLA responder is available with the base license but to use IP SLA for tracking you would need the Data license for your 3925.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard Burts,

Thanks four reply.

from your reply I understood that I need data licence to implement PBR. Can this license be upgraded with my current Purchased router or only at the time of purchase?

Thanks

Murugesan 

Murugesan

First let me clarify one thing. Your original question was about using IP SLA in the context of PBR. And IP SLA is what requires the Data license. As far as I know you should be able to configure regular PBR (without IP SLA) using the Base license.

It is quite possible to purchase and apply the Data license for your existing router. It is easier to acquire the license when you originally purchase the router. But you are certainly not limited to get the license at original purchase. Many Cisco partners (including the company that I work for) would be happy to help you acquire the Data License for your router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card