Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Map Issue.

azibnaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community Team'

I restrict customer internet bandwidth on Layer 3 Switch using policy maps. Recently I start facing problem that when I gave command that police 1000000 256000 exceed-action drop. It will take the command but it wouldn't applied. I have checked using show policy map command. One thing more that it will take that command is implemented on inward policy-map but couldn't implemented on outward policy-map. screenshot is attached for your review.

Regards'

Azib Naseem.

15 Replies 15

gm2300061
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you applied it on the correct interface?

Why don you issue: Show policy-map interface and check where is it running on?

gm2300061  ,

Yes it is applied on correct interface. I have configured many other classes under the same policy map & all other classes are working pretty well. Only new classes didn't accept the police values.

Regards'

Hello,

what device/platform (e.g. 3560) do you have this policy configured on ? Can you post the ouput of 'show version' ?

gpauwen  

Screen shot of show version is attached.

Regards'

When I used policing it was on IP enabled interfaces. I mean: I wanted to policying all the traffic incoming from my ISP PPPoE connection, so I had to apply the policer on the interface dialer (the int with the IP address), not on the FastEthernet. Depending on the Qos too,l there some particular issues with the interface they are worknig on.
Another way you may do it is changing the point of view? What if you do shapping instead, but for outgoing traffic to your LAN?
Shapping makes a "slow queue" and work with classes as well.
Good luck!

@gm2300061'

all those interfaces are IP enabled on which I have applied policy-map.

regards'

Could you send the ouput of the next commands:

sh policy-map

sh class

sh policy-map interface

sh run interface "the interfaces it should be working on"

gm2300061  

Now classes automatically taking the police values but when I try to apply that policy-map on an interface, it will take the command but didn't applied. I have checked using, show run interface.

Hello,

post your full config, you might be missing a small detail...

gpauwen  

Attached is the config file of my Switch. I have skipped IP details & also access-lists detail due to security reasons.

Kindly review and update.

Regards'

Hello,

I think Paul is on the right track. I cannot find any class-map with the name 'arslan-OUT' either. Or 'arslan-IN' if it matters...

Hello,

there are a couple of restrictions when it comes to applying QoS on interfaces on the 3750, depending on whether it is a physical port or an SVI. The link below lists the restrictions.

If possible, post the entire configuration of the switch...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_52_se/configuration/guide/3750scg/swqos.html#wp1766950

Hello

couldn't implemented on outward policy-map.

Policing Egress isnt supported on 3750's, shaping is using SRR which you can specify a shape rate

int x/x
speed 100
srr-queue bandwidth shape 100 0 0 0 ( 1/100th of interface bandwidth = 1mb

It will take the command but it wouldn't applied

Is the policy-map (PM) actual matching on any class-map(CM) in the MQC

Can you post class/policy maps configuration?

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

pdriver  '

I have posted the configuration. Please review and update.

yes this policy-map is matching many of my customers class-maps.

Regards'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card