Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing basic query

limey75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

This is for sure a dumb question but as I don't know the answer I think I need to ask. I wish there was a "New to networking" or similar section of the forums. Despite having spent some time on Packet Tracer now, I am still finding it somewhat heavy going at times.

Anyway, can someone tell me why the other devices can't ping the wireless router (and thus not the laptop) in the attached scenario?

Thanks!

Ed

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Packet Tracer does not feature 'real' devices and has a lot of quirks. What instructions are you following ?

Thanks, Georg.

Well, my network is based mainly on one I saw in a vid which was working, but I have added the wireless router and laptop to increase the complexity. 

So, I'm not really following any instructions now, just trying to make my own networks and get them working.

If PT has these quirks, I wonder how useful it is ultimately is then for helping people understand and design networks? Are there any better alternatives? (Paid or free)

Thanks, Ed

pmckenzie
Level 3
Level 3

IN pkt tracer, look under File -->open samples-->wireless

there are two completed pkt tracer labs that both use wireless

See if they help

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who

Thanks, I'll take a look. Though as I mentioned, I'm experimenting with PT and trying to build my own working networks. The trouble with having already working networks provided for you is that you tend to learn less about how to design and get your own working?

have a look at following site lots of examples you can work through

https://www.packettracernetwork.com/Table/tutorials/ 

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who

Many thanks!

Good luck with your studies.  Glad to help

Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card