cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing with QoS

mohameddjelouah
Level 1
Level 1

hello we have a Lan with 2 ISP and a data center with diffrent servers we have apps on the servers so i want to route the traffic throgh isp1 to some servers and the the outhers throgh isp2 what should i do ? 

i have nouther question we have a proxy server to the internet  and we have a 2mb line connection we want to give the proxy server 1mb max of traffic can we implement that on the router ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
"hello we have a Lan with 2 ISP and a data center with diffrent servers we have apps on the servers so i want to route the traffic throgh isp1 to some servers and the the outhers throgh isp2 what should i do ? "

The typical answer often is to use PBR.

"i have nouther question we have a proxy server to the internet and we have a 2mb line connection we want to give the proxy server 1mb max of traffic can we implement that on the router ??"

Egress, usually yes. Ingress bandwidth management s generally problematic. (Other posters might mention you can rate-limit ingress, but downstream rate-limiting doesn't always keep ingress traffic from consuming additional bandwidth before the rate-limiter.) Also, BTW, for egress, I would suggest, if equipment's QoS supports, providing your proxy traffic a guarantee of 1 Mbps, not limit it to 1 Mbps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
"hello we have a Lan with 2 ISP and a data center with diffrent servers we have apps on the servers so i want to route the traffic throgh isp1 to some servers and the the outhers throgh isp2 what should i do ? "

The typical answer often is to use PBR.

"i have nouther question we have a proxy server to the internet and we have a 2mb line connection we want to give the proxy server 1mb max of traffic can we implement that on the router ??"

Egress, usually yes. Ingress bandwidth management s generally problematic. (Other posters might mention you can rate-limit ingress, but downstream rate-limiting doesn't always keep ingress traffic from consuming additional bandwidth before the rate-limiter.) Also, BTW, for egress, I would suggest, if equipment's QoS supports, providing your proxy traffic a guarantee of 1 Mbps, not limit it to 1 Mbps.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card