Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping Pcs from different network

202888D45692
Level 1
Level 1

I am super new to networking. 

I am trying to ping the Pc in the warehouse to the HQ, but is unable to find out why it is not working.

I configured HQ using vlan 10-100, while i used the router on a stick configuration for the warehouse. 

I also have done a simple NAT for the warehouse side.

The pcs can ping their own Routers, but thats where it fails.

Thanks for the help in advance.

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

First of all, Core switch and L2 switches are complains about few things with "STP inconsistent peer" messages and shuts down ports.   On one side your have configured switchport trunk native vlan 100 but on other side settings are default which is vlan 1 as native vlan.   So, step 1 is to fix those mismatches between L3 and L2 switches.  what happens after you have fixed those ports ?

Step 2 would be looking at your routing tables. I don't see all routes and at least 1 error.  HQ router shows you can reach network 10.0.0.0/16 via 2 different ways which should be confusing.

Using static routes means every route must be added to all routers so they know how to reach those networks and there are no mistakes or typos. 

%SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on FastEthernet0/2 VLAN100.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/2 on VLAN0100. Inconsistent local vlan.

%SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on FastEthernet0/4 VLAN100.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/4 on VLAN0100. Inconsistent local vlan.

%SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR: Received BPDU with inconsistent peer vlan id 1 on FastEthernet0/5 VLAN100.

%SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_PVID_LOCAL: Blocking FastEthernet0/5 on VLAN0100. Inconsistent local vlan.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thanks for the help. After changing native vlans to 1 on core switch, the connection between the network still don't work.

I have removed one of the static routes from the HQ router. May i know what other route should i add?

I removed static routes and add EIGRP to test your network and it worked fine.  So your static routes are issue: either missing or wrong ones.  Using static routes instead of dynamic protocol you must add all routes you have to each device.  You can use show ip route connected command to see what each device have and add them to other devices.  Routers know about its directed connected networks but other than that they need to know everything else.  Remote router and Core switch can use default route of 0/0 since those are edge device but HQ router needs to have all static routes to reach others. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card