Helpful
Replies

Very odd problem with .jsp intranet page and Frame-Relay only

aprather
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

This is my scenario:

I have a POP location that feeds multiple tail-end sites (25).

The POP router is a 7507 running 12.1(22)c IOS. There are two T3's that feed the tail end sites - 1 Frame-Relay based, and 1 Channelized.

The frame-relay based sites all have problems accessing an internal webpage (located in our datacenter 2 hops from them) with a .jsp ending.

They are able to access regular .htm files on the same server with no problems.

The channelized based sites have no problems accessing anything.

I cannot figure this one out! Im not running any IOS firewalls or PIX firewalls between the endpoints. I also am not blocking any ports internally.

Does anyone have any ideas? Im stumped on this one...

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

mhussein
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

This is very odd indeed. Does the jsp page reference an java class or activeX component located on another web site? If so, can the FR side hosts directly access this external web site?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I was told that this page does not reference anything external.

A little more info I forgot to add, and why we believe this not to be PC related:

A field technician brought a laptop to a site with a channelized T1 connection and everything worked fine with the website...

The tech then brought the laptop to one of the problemed frame-relay sites and he could not access the page correctly.

Also - MTU is set to default on all interfaces (1500).

Thanks!!!

Can anyone else offer some insight into this issue?

Thanks

Hi Aaron,

Could you double check that mtu across FR is not a factor in this issue? e.g, from a pc, ping the server with 1472 bytes and DF bit set:

c:\>ping x.x.x.x -f -l 1472

Also, could you post the relevant configs on the router along with "show interface" and "show frame-relay pvc"? (remember to remove/mask sensitive ip's)

Thanks for your response.

I have already done the extended pings with the DF bit set (from a router) and the ping went just fine.

Now that being said - we have resolved the issue.

We finally contacted the frame provider and they said they saw dirty frames coming into their system from the direction of our router.

It seems they had some bad equipment between the CO and our router causing the issues.

Its the strangest thing why we only saw it when trying to access a certain .jsp page and nothing else seemed to have a problem.

Im assuming something to do with how this certain page is coded (as we tried other .jsp's with no issues).

Either way, we are good to go now, so thanks for everyones input.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: