cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Error Adding Controller

cherylfarria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am having a problem adding a controller to WCS. I am able to ping and communicate between the WCS box and the controller but when I try to add the controller it erross stating "Failed to add device to WCS Reason: Object not found in device" Has anyone seen this before? I have added them before at other locations with no problem?

8 Replies 8

cherylfarria
Level 1
Level 1

Also when I try to add the controller from WCS the controller log has the following:

MACADDR_GET_FAIL: Interface 1 source MAC address is not found.

Thanks

vegardkjer
Level 1
Level 1

did you find a solution to this problem?

i have the same problem.

Hi Friend,

Can you make sure if snmp is properly configured on your controller? Can you enable "debug snmp all enable" and then try adding the controller and see what debug messages you get?

Regards,

Ankur

I am having the same problem. The customer has confirmed the SNMP setting. I am not getting any errors. Please help

I can get the snmp to send traps from the controller to the WCS box but still cannot add it..

I get the following error when trying to add.. Failed to add device to WCS:Object not found in device

Thanks!!

what version of wlc and wcs are you running?

Wireless Control System

Version 4.1.83.0

WLC 4400

thanks!

i think the problem is a mismatch between wlc version and wcs version.

i have a wcs version 4.2.81.0 and one wlc 2106 version 4.2.99.0 and one wlc 2106 version 4.0.217.0.

the wlc2106 version 4.2.99.0 added ok.

but the wlc2106 version 4.0.217.0 failed.

after upgrading the second wlc2106 to version 4.2.112.0 it also added ok.

in your case, i'm sure you need a newer wcs version to support the wlc version 4.2.61.0.

hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card