cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XE SD-WAN PnP Devices vs IOS-XE Virtual Device Bring Up

Steytler
Level 1
Level 1

I think I'm getting really turned around by all the different deployment models and can't seem to figure out if a CSR1000v can do PnP after the bootstrap is installed or not.  There is something NOT clicking.  Or is the PnP portion considered what happens AFTER configuring the bootstrap [UUI and token] and the information needed to find the vBond?  I feel like this is almost like subnetting.  I'm almost there, but the concept of what the virtual devices order of operation vs the hardware devices is difficult for me to figure out.  I can't seem to find a doc that puts it all together and/or I'm burnt out on studying for the day.

Thanks in advance,

S

IOS XE SD-WAN Routers

1.     ISR & ASR Series: With IOS XE SD-WAN software image, SD-WAN capability can be enabled on select ISR 1000 series, ISR 4000 series and ASR 1000 series routers. For more details, refer the respective data sheets.

2.     ENCS: With IOS XE SD-WAN software image, SD-WAN capability can be enabled on select ENCS 5000 series platforms. For more details, refer to the respective data sheets.

3.     vEdge Cloud and CSR 1000V are the cloud elements of the SD-WAN solution. For more details, refer to the respective data sheets.

Automated Device Provisioning (ZTP or PnP)

Automated device provisioning for vEdge devices is called Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP), and for IOS XE SD-WAN devices, it is called Plug-and-Play (PnP). The processes are very similar, but two different services are involved.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steytler
Level 1
Level 1

Found this in Cisco's SD-WAN on-demand course.

The next step is to provision the router in Cisco vManage. If it is not already done, you must upload the .viptela file containing the appropriate serial number for the CSR1000v platform or use the Sync Smart Account option.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Steytler
Level 1
Level 1

Found this in Cisco's SD-WAN on-demand course.

The next step is to provision the router in Cisco vManage. If it is not already done, you must upload the .viptela file containing the appropriate serial number for the CSR1000v platform or use the Sync Smart Account option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: