cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Network Analytics issue with ISE ANC Integration

davedvo
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to manually assign ANC policies to hosts in the Secure Network Analytics Host Report section. When I inspect a specific host and try to assign one at the Host Summary Pane, I am receiving this error:

We encountered an error from one or more ISE clusters while retrieving ANC policy information for the host

PFCU_ISE - Session request failed. Please try again or contact technical support if the problem persists.
Select the ANC Policy to apply to ISE cluster for this host: XXX.XXX.XX.XX
ISE Server
PFCU_ISE
Username:
--
MAC:
--
ANC Policy:
Not Available
 Session request failed. Please try again or contact technical support if the problem persists.

Has anyone encountered this issue and have they been able to solve it? I am currently using version :7.4.0 at build: 20210915.1752-1eb7bcbb6a85-1

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've been having a long standing issue with SNA-ISE integration. In my case it's the session subscription (i.e., username-IP address mapping). I'm also running SNA 7.4.0 with the latest rollup patch. My ISE is 3.1 Patch 1. Other pxGrid subscribers (Cisco Secure Firewall Management Center) are consuming the data from ISE just fine.

I've had a TAC case open for several months now without resolution. The latest status is that it is being escalated to engineering.

Hi Good Morning Marvin,

I've been able to solve the issue I had previously listed, by upgrading to the latest suggested version of the Secure Network Analytics system. This is 7.4.1 from my older 7.4.0 version, for both the Management Center and the Flow Collector that I have in my deployment. This upgrade could fix the issues with username to IP address mapping, that doesn't show up in host reports. 

Thanks for the update. I will upgrade to 7.4.1 and give it a try. I had missed that it was released last month.

Hi Marvin,

That's no worries. Glad to help out!

Unfortunately upgrading to 7.4.1 over the weekend did not help with my problem. So... we will wait for the TAC to figure it out.

Hey Marvin,

Did TAC ever resolve this issue?  If so, can you share what the fix was?  I'm having a similar issue when running the TrustSec Analytics report.  I get the error message: "We encountered a system error. If the problem persists, please contact Cisco Support."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: