cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch: Exclude Application or Port from Alarm (Addr Scan / Recon)

FloKo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to exclude a specific application (or a port) from an alarm or from the security event itself.
The reason is the "Windows Update Delivery" function causing Addr_Scan events resulting in Recon alarms.

I would like to discard these events by excluding the defined application or the specific port (7680/tcp).
As far as I know, there is no way to do so - maybe there is a possibility in the newer versions? (currently still on 7.0.3)

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you would be able to do that with version 7.3 which just came out last month.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I think you would be able to do that with version 7.3 which just came out last month.

Thank you for the answer - we are already planning the upgradefor this version, I will give feedback once we are done.
I guess you are referring to the sub conditions mentioned in the 7.3 release notes regarding rules (page 11)?

You welcome, yes that's the one.

juanpablorivera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, in version 7.3.0 in the SMC GUI go to Configure / Services, and click Add New, give it a Name (e.g. WUDO) and ports: 7680/tcp, and make sure to check the option "Exclude this service from the Worm Detection algorithm (Exclude Worm)". 

Regards,