Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch - License Migration process

N099321628
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is it available one procedure to migrate Stealtwatch virtual edition licenses between VMs? My company has buyed the following licenses:

StealthWatch Management Console (SMC) Virtual Edition Base License

StealthWatch Flow Collector Virtual Edition Base License

Cisco Stealthwatch Flow Rate License

Cisco Stealthwatch Flow Sensor Virtual Edition Base License

They were installed on VMs, but they were erased and now it is necessary to move the licenses to the new VMs.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hanjabbo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

This should be technically possible. However I would recommend opening a TAC case to get in contact with the Stealthwatch operation team to help with the migration and make sure it is smooth.

What technical can be done is to do a fresh installation get the Serial Numbers and ask TAC and Stealthwatch operation to help migrate them to the specific licensing account and then apply the licenses which can be pulled automatically using the update license on the Central Manager (after the operation team has done the migration). 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hanjabbo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

This should be technically possible. However I would recommend opening a TAC case to get in contact with the Stealthwatch operation team to help with the migration and make sure it is smooth.

What technical can be done is to do a fresh installation get the Serial Numbers and ask TAC and Stealthwatch operation to help migrate them to the specific licensing account and then apply the licenses which can be pulled automatically using the update license on the Central Manager (after the operation team has done the migration).