cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
VLA_WeyBridge_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a singel network with teh only routing carried out by 2 4506 switchs.

the main paort of this network is using the 192.168.0.0 / 16 subnet (further subnetted)

one of the ports on the 4506 is set up as a routed port and connected to the 172.16.10.0 255.255.255.0 network (a server Drac managemtn ment card network)

What i need to set up, is a way to restrict any one from access to this 172.16.10.0 network, apart from one or two indivuals. However they may need to accees this network from any of the devices connected to the 192.168.0.0 network range. so it need to be a way where when a user tries to access the network it authenticeas on the fly.

My first idea was to set up lock and key, however I keep getting a access group not assigned to vlan 1 error?

I was wonderign if there is a way using the current 4506's along with a radius server to authenticate access to that one network based on the OU some one is in, in AD.

Now I know with a full on router this would be a lot simpler, but can any one tell me how you go about setting up this kind of dynamic access control to a network.

Thank you

If you would like a digram please let me know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: