cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor Local IP Pools on ASA

bforan
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to monitor the availability or usage of Local IP pools on an ASA?  Maybe an OID string that can be pulled by an NMS system.  I would like to be alerted prior to the pool being exhausted.

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as I know you can check this from your external authentication server so if its cisco acs acting a s radius server for your vpn clients then check under reports and activities >> logged-in user. It will show you the connected user along with the ip address they have got.

Lists all users receiving services for a single AAA client or all AAA clients. Users accessing the network with Cisco Aironet equipment appear on the list for the access point that they are currently associated with, provided that the firmware image on the Cisco Aironet Access Point supports sending the RADIUS Service-Type attribute for rekey authentications.

Note To use the logged-in user list feature, you must configure AAA client to perform authentication and accounting using the same protocol—either TACACS+ or RADIUS.

The same can be checked from the ASA by running
show vpn-session db
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/s7_72.html#wp1135352

From ASDM go to Monitoring VPN >> sessions.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts~

~Jatin

Daniel Shriver
Level 1
Level 1

On the context that is serving your Anyconnect sessions.

Issue the following command:

sh ip local pool <Pool Name>

The solution came from my Colleague Jason Pitts.  Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.\

V/R
Dan

Daniel Shriver
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a list of OIDs that you might consider using.  Hope it helps.

http://www.oidview.com/mibs/9/CISCO-IP-LOCAL-POOL-MIB.html

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card