2) Tired of doing manual FPD? The answer is FPD Auto.
Try it, now the FPD will get upgraded during the activate phase, before the reload, and upon the reload to install the new version of software the new FPDs will take effect. Wonderful!
ASR9K-PE1-R0(admin-config)# fpd auto
Make sure the fpd pie for the currently running release is active before running the install activate, and that the fpd pie for the target release is included in the pies that are being activated.
3) Removal of superseded SMUs, in simple hitless operation? The removal of superseded SMUs is a hitless operation from IOS XR 4.3.2. Also determining which SMUs are superseded can’t not been easier, just issue command “show install superseded”.
If your happy to remove the superseded SMUs, perform, “install commit”(optional) to hold your current active software and “install remove inactive”.
“show install superceded”
“admin install deactivate superceded”
4) File Server in a VRF? This is how an install add is performed when the file server is reachable inside a VRF, in this example the VRF name is “management”.
6) You want to deploy a Release that has the longest support life, the most field deployed & the least reload SMUs?
Why don't you try one of the Extended Maintenance Releases. Designated by EMR in the CCO download page. EMR releases have a 36 Months support period.
7) Did you know that one can create their own TAR file for installs? Just create a tar with multiple pies and smus and install with a single install operation. That’s the easiest way to upgrade, or deploy multiple SMUs/SPs.
The below you'll be able to install multiple packages together and install/activate them with one install command, isn't that easy?
Hi guysI have to configure an xconnect between a PE with ios XR version and a PE with ios XE version.The scenario is as follows: I have 2 switches that have vlan, in this case 100, which must communicate through an MPLS network.The MPLS network...
Hi! I have a question about label allocation. I can't figure out how can I controll this behavior. I have a few PEs, all of them ASR9010.There's one that allocates a new local label for each vpnv4 prefix it receives from RR, even if label mode p...
Hi all!! We are using ASR9001 for BNG. It's connected to ASR9010 with bunble 4x10G.To police users traffic correct, on BNG bundle subinterfaces this command it presented: bundle load-balancing hash dst-ipThis is for users download. For upload we...
Hi, there are these syslog message that we occasionally get on our XR router with regards to BGP NSR going down on the standby RP. When we check the BGP neighborship or BGP NSR related commands were not seeing any flaps or anything unusual. Any parti...