Important: This document is intended as a quick start guide and is NOT an official document for what is officially supported. The demo version of IOS XRv is offered without support and can be run on top of any hypervisor. For information regarding supported hypervisor for simulation/production deployment, please refer to the official Release Notes.
Running Cisco IOS XRv on VMware Fusion/Workstation
The following steps shows how to get IOS XRv running on VMware Fusion or Workstation. Screenshots are based on VMware Fusion running on Mac OS X.
Download IOS XRv
You may download IOS XRv from the following location
1. Fire up VMware Fusion, select File > New > More Options.
2. Select Create a custom virtual machine.
3. Choose Other > Other option for Operating System.
4. Select Choose an existing virtual disk, pointing to the XRv image filename you have downloaded earlier.
5. Select Customize Settings. Allocation at least 3GB of memory to XRv Virtual Machine.
6. If you require IOS XRv Virtual Machine to be bridged tophysical interface. Select the appropriate options below.
7. In VMware Fusion to add the serial ports for XRv you must manually edit the .vmx file before starting it. You must create at least one serial port, and up to four are supported. (The first acts as IOS XR console port, and the others provide ksh consoles.).
Click on Option+right-mouse click on VM > Open Config file in editor.
Then, add the following lines
ethernet0.virtualDEV = "e1000"
The XRv image requires the use of e1000 NIC, without the above you will not see any interfaces present on the XRv router.
The following lines are also required for the serial console,
serial0.present = "TRUE"
serial0.fileType = "network"
serial0.fileName = "telnet://127.0.0.1:9001"
serial0.startConnected = "TRUE"
serial0.yieldOnMsrRead = "TRUE"
8. Start the IOS XRv Virtual Machine. Fire up Terminal Application and connect.
You can then just telnet localhost 9001 to get access to the console (Thanks Harold for the tip!)
So my boss has this tendency to save a few bucks by buying gear from just whoever. Not every time, but a lot of the time. I really never gave it much thought, assumed he was doing things legitimately and just did my thing.Then it was decided that I should...
Hi all ,I have been asked to update an ASR9010 with IOS XR 4.3.4 to the most current version.They have also indicated that we have a provider for licenses.What should I consider in the first instance?It is my first time to update an IOS XR. Thanks in...
i'v question about pop and push operation under efp instancei'v a server that connect to interface Gi0/0/2 on my router, iface has next configuration interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
no ip address
no ip redirects
no ip ...
Hi All, I use Cisco ASR920 with Cisco IOS XE Software (PPC_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9_NPE-M), Version 16.8.1b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) and I can not create a sub-interface. I'm looking for a good IOS sofware which can permit me to create a sub-...
Dears, I have ASR 9K with RSP board type of (A9K-RSP880-SE) and GPS ports (1PPS, 10MHz and RS232) are connected to the RSP board but the GPS light in the RSP isn't turning up. Your suggestion is highly appricated. Regards