Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
lwigley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco and Arbor Networks are partnering to deliver industry-leading DDoS mitigation capabilities on the ASR 9000 Series routers. This partnership extends the Peakflow solution by adding the Threat Management System (TMS) DDoS mitigation functionality to the ASR 9000. The TMS will be implemented on the ASR 9000 VSM (Virtualized Services Module) hosted in the ASR 9000 chassis. This solution enables unprecedented scaling of the DDoS mitigation architecture, reduces operational complexity and hardware footprint, and allows network providers to push attack mitigation to the edge of the network which reduces network loads from backhauling attack traffic to centralized scrubbing centers. This whitepaper presents an overview of the solution.

Comments
rsoave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, How many TMS VSM can be deployed in a single ASR9K Chassis?

lwigley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is one in the initial release. We are working on adding support for multiple VSMs running independently as well as working as a group.

rsoave
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks friend!

Any news about this VSM, let me know!

Best Regards!

mkhalil10
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Am new to VSM and I am looking to build a virtual machine for ARBOR and use it on my new NAT44 setup

BR,

Mohammad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links