cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep getting Not Authorized using Cisco API

jmashburn-LCT
Level 1
Level 1

]\I am currently trying to test out the Cisco REST API to query the software.cisco.com to check for the latest firmware versions for devices. I am testing it out before we move forward and have hit a snag. I am about to authenticate and get a token and can run a curl GET command and get a return for things like OpenVuln for example, and after adding almost all the APIs I see available can get a Hello World back from api.cisco.com/hello. But when we run the command against https://api.cisco.com/software/v3.0/swstatus/image_names/c2951-universalk9-mz.SPA.157-3.M5.bin it returns back as Not Authorized.

Here is the list of APIs I have added (I added them all because I can't find a list of what does what):

Cisco On Demand CHIDS API
HMP API
Cisco PSIRT openVuln API
Cisco on Demand API - CSWORD
DocCentral Webservices API - POE
CCW Config - POE
Hello API
Doc Central Webservices API
NGI API
Entitlement Base - Wrapper services - POE
UOV Report API
HelloCommerce API
CoDE API
Entitlement Base - Wrapper services: Entitlement Base - Wrapper services(Master)
UpdateProvisionStatus API - POE PE
DCL DS API - Internal
DCL DS API - Internal - POE
emsAPI
Cisco On Demand CSWDMS POE API
Datafoundation-POE
PROTOBUILDDATA
ePortal Scorecard
SBP SUML
SBP SUML API - POE
DocExchange Webservices API
DCL DS API
DCL DS API - POE
CCWR Quote API - POE
CCWR Quote API
swc cloud api
swc personalization api
platform-apps-api
CSW PAK Lookup Api
platform-apps-api - POE
CEEM API
platform-api
platform-api - POE
STO Policy Exception Portal
Business Verification API
Zoom Chat API
Copy of SBP Service Orchestration API - POE
SBP Service Orchestration APIs
Customer Success Central API - POE
Datafoundation
DCP Services
DS Services
Edna ChatBot API
Iron Bank API
orgstats API
Pdaf TPS case update
STO Dashboard
SWC Cloud Public API
IMR GATEWAY API
DocExchange Caching API
Cisco Carlsbad IT Dev
Cisco Carlsbad IT Stage
Cisco Carlsbad IT QA
csapi Inventory POE API
ADAP API
CiscoITMeraki API
bci-cp-api
bci-custom-config
bci-alerts
bci-compliance
bci-software
bci-ctac
bci-common
bci-inventory
bci-fp
bci-syslog
bci-config
bci-aci
bci-collab
LCA POE
Collections 2.0
Contracts 2.0
Conformance 2.0
Inventory 2.0
LCA
WPR API - POE
DF Intransit API - POE
SearchIHN
Alerts 2.0
Customer 2.0
Cust-PortalPlatform-POE
WPR API
acquisition Integration API - POE
DAAS API
AIRA Search API

3 Replies 3

jmashburn-LCT
Level 1
Level 1
I had to reach out to various Cisco teams to get proper permissions, plus I totally wasn't adding the bearer token to the Authorization header (I'm using Postman - 2 tabs down from Params is Headers - add Authorization and put Bearer <token>). I now need to figure out why I keep getting PID null on my requests...

Hello!
To which teams that you had to reach out to get the permissions?? (I also have a similar kind of issue)
Thanks

Vinura,

This was a mission.... But I think you first need to have your Delegated Admin for your company set you up as a Delegated Admin as well. Then, I opened a case with TAC (tac@cisco.com or call 800-553-2447). Note the template below you can use to submit the request to TAC for access to the API. Note that you will need to provide a contract number. I also contacted the Service Support team, but I can't remember if they actually helped me or not (I think this was the team that took about 1-2 months to reply to me opening a case - service_access_management_support@cisco.com or cs-support@cisco.com). Then I contacted the PSS team (Partner Self Service - ask-pss-pm@cisco.com or supportapis-help@cisco.com). This was the team that helped me realize I wasn't applying the bearer token appropriately...... Anywho, I hope this helps!

Problem Description:

Need access to the PSS APIs and specifically to the API Console as the Delegated Administrator.

Partner Company Name: <your company name>

Partner Location to be Supported: <your region - IE: USA)

Technical Contact Name: <your name>

Technical Contact Cisco.com ID: <your CCO ID>

Technical Contact Email: <your email address>

Technical Contact Phone Number: <your phone number>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: