cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC API to check for multiple MACs on interfaces

blakemweston
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a recommendation for finding out access ports that have more than one data device connected (multiple MAC addresses) via the DNA-C API? We are running DNAC 2.3.3

I have an existing SD-Access deployment with Multi-Auth set in the original template. I am recommending we change to Multi-Domain but first want to check how many instances where ports actually have multiple devices. This is to ensure we have visibility of locations to check to ensure they actually need it so an exception can be put in place, otherwise remove the offending dumb switches etc.

So far the /dna/intent/api/v1/interface command appears to only return a single MAC as macAddress key type is string rather than an array. I am struggling to find other API calls that could assist with this information, since /dna/intent/api/v1/interface doesnt appear to be structured correctly to return multiple MAC addresses this would likely require a script for multiple calls and compiling the information.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Hi

1. i'm not sure multi-domain is currently being configured on the port during default port provisioning w/o customized template.

2. the best place where u can collect necessary info in excel form about ports with enforced AAA is ISE