cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fusion SW

AAbdelmaksoud
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about the Cisco Catalyst C9500-48Y4C switch. If I use this switch as a Fusion Switch, how many distribution switches can I connect to it? What is the maximum number of access switches that I can use?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no limitation to the number of switches you can connect, you are limited by the number of VRF's... The function of the fusion router is as follows:

• They act as DNS (Domain Name System) server.
  • They provide additional forwarding capacity to fabric.
  • Performs route leaking between user defined virtual networks and shared services.
  • Provides connectivity to external networks.
****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Do you mean using the C9500 as a fusion router inside the SDA? Or do you have anything else in mind? 

yes is mean as fusion Router 

There is no limitation to the number of switches you can connect, you are limited by the number of VRF's... The function of the fusion router is as follows:

• They act as DNS (Domain Name System) server.
  • They provide additional forwarding capacity to fabric.
  • Performs route leaking between user defined virtual networks and shared services.
  • Provides connectivity to external networks.

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, in the SDA context, you would not connect distribution switches to a Fusion Device.
You connect distribution switches (intermediate nodes) to border nodes and subsequently the border nodes to the fusion device.

The limitation you have is how many uplinks are coming from downstream. You have a limited amount of ports (48x 10/25G ports).

Please refer to the SDA design guide for an extensive review of SDA.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card