Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan automation - one link blinks orange

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

When im deploying a new switch via lan automation my new switch gets an orange light indicator on the primary seed but the secondary link gets a green light. After the deployment the primary link goes green. I can see the devcies in cdp neighbours to confirm connectivity. Is this normal behaviour and what is the reason for this?

On my Border and control switch its solid green, its just the new edge devices i seem to see this.

All links are 10gb fiber.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Karl Wilson 

This is normal and expected in my experience. By default the seed and edge switch ports will be operating as access ports in VLAN 1, and as you have two links connected between switches, one port will be blocked by spanning-tree which will be indicated by an Amber LED. Once LAN automation has completed, and once the ports have been configured as routed, the blocked port will start forwarding and the LED will change to Green.

willwetherman_0-1662674016161.png

Hope that this helps,

Will

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Karl Wilson 

This is normal and expected in my experience. By default the seed and edge switch ports will be operating as access ports in VLAN 1, and as you have two links connected between switches, one port will be blocked by spanning-tree which will be indicated by an Amber LED. Once LAN automation has completed, and once the ports have been configured as routed, the blocked port will start forwarding and the LED will change to Green.

willwetherman_0-1662674016161.png

Hope that this helps,

Will

Karl Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Ah many thanks. I should have checked the STP, i didn't suspect this was the case with how lan automation does the config for me. Thanks for clearing this up.